MEDICAL PSYCHOLOGY AND PSYCHOTHERAPY
3rd year - lectures and seminars (80296 a 80471)
lectures: U Nemocnice 4, lecture-hall 1.26, 1st floor
winter semester: Faust house, Karlovo nám. 40 (Charles square), Prague 2.
group 1,2 in no.15 on 1st floor
group 3,4,5 in no.11 on 1st floor.
summer semester: Faust house, Karlovo nám. 40 (Charles square), Prague 2.
group 1,2 in no.15 on 1st floor
group 3,4 in no.11 on 1st floor
group 5 in no.11 on 1st floor.
lectures: winter semester, Mondays at 11am - 12:30am. First lecture 2nd October 2017.
group 1,2,3,4,5 - Fridays at 14:30, first meeting on 6th October 2017.
group 1,2 - Thursdays at 2:30pm to 4:00pm(first meeting 22th February 2018),
group 3,4 - Wednesdays at 2:45pm to 4:15pm (first meeting 21th February 2018),
group 5 - Tuesdays at 2:30pm to 4:00pm (first meeting 20th February 2018)
For achieving the credit, the active presence in the seminar is needed.
The program of the lectures - winter semester
1. The aim of health psychology in medicine
2. The psychological first aid, intervention in crisis, suicidality
3. Doctor/patient relationship
4. Psychological care for patients and their families I
5. Psychological care for patients and their families II
6. Doctor/patient communication, how to inform about bad news.
7. Psychosomatics I
8. Psychosomatics II
9. Psychosomatics III
10. Emotions and how to influence them by psychological means
11. Psychology of the pain - how to cope
12. Problems of death and dying
13. Psychodiagnostic I
14. Psychodiagnostic II
The program of the seminars - winter semester:
1. The role of psychology in medicine
2. Problems of helping professions
3. Developmental specifics of child as a patient
4. Role and importance of a family in the treatment of the patient
5. Principles of comunication with the patient I.
6. Principles of comunication with the patient II.
7. Psychological work with pain and anxiety
8. Psychological aspects of counselling
9. Basics of psychosomatics I.
10. Basics of psychosomatics II.
11. Introduction to psychopathology
12. Basics of psychodiagnostics
13. Psychic crisis and psychological first aid
14. Issue of suicidality
15. The nature, limits and potential of psychotherapy
The program of the seminars - summer semester:
1. Rogersian psychotherapy I
2. Rogersian psychotherapy II
3. Cognitive-behavioural therapy I
4. Cognitive-behavioural therapy II.
5. Origin and development of psychoanalysis
6. Contemporary psychoanalysis I
7. Contemporary psychoanalysis II
9. Art therapy
12. Transactional psychoanalysis
13. Logo-therapy (V. Frankl)
14. Individual psychology (A. Adler)
15. Analythic psychology (C.G.Jung) and credit
Beran, J.: Communication between Doctor and Patient. Faculty of Medicine, Pilsen 1999
Bergin A.E., Garfield S.L.: Handbook of Psychotherapy and Behavioural Change. Wiley, New York 1994
Corsini R.J.: Handbook of Innovative Psychotherapies. Wiley, New York 1981
DiMatteo, M. Robin: The Psychology of Health, Illness and Medical Care: An Individual Perspective. Brooks Cole, 1991, USA
Feuchtersleben, Ernst: The Principles of Medical Psychology. Ayer Co Pub, 1976, USA
Llewelyn, S.,Kennedy, P.: Handbook of Clinical Health Psychology. Wiley & Sons, Oxford 2003
Lloyd, Margaret, Bor, Robert: Communication Skills for Medicine. Churchill Livingstone.
Mathews, Andrew, Steptoe, Andrew: Essential Psychology for Medical Practice. Churchill Livingstone, 1988, UK
Milgrom, Jeanatte, Burrows, Graham: Psychology and Psychiatry: Integratig Medical Practice. John Wiley and Sons Ltd, 2001, UK
Nezu, A., Nezu, C. & Geller, P.: Comprehensive Handbook of Psychology, Volume 9: Health Psychology. John Wiley & Sons,
New York 2003
Prochaska, J. O., Norcross, J. C. : Systems of Psychotherapy.
A Transtheoretical Approach. 3rd. Ed. Pacific Grove, Calif.,
Rogers, C.R.: Client-Centred Therapy. Redwood Press Limitid, Melksham 1992
Silverman, Jonathan, Kurtz, Suzanne: Skills for Communicating with Patients.
Silverman, Jonathan, Kurtz, Suzanne, Draper, Juliet: Teaching and Learning Communication Skills in Medicine.
Weinman, Robert: An Outline of Psychology as Applied to Medicine. Butterworth, Heinemann, GB, 1995
Yalom, I.D.: The Theory and Practice of Group Psychotherapy. Basic Books, New York 1975